The vision of the QMS Youth Empowerment Initiative/Soft Skills training is to inspire, educate, and empower young talent to make positive decisions that will have a transformational effect on their personal life and career.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Our mission is to motivate youth to recognize that with a clear vision, determination, fortitude and excellence one can achieve their dreams and goals.
WHY WE EXIST
We exist to make a difference in the lives of the young people that we train and who work with us. Each young person who is trained by the QMS team is equipped with skills that enable them stay focused on their vision regardless of challenges that may come their way.
WHY ARE SOFT SKILLS IMPORTANT?
Soft skills also known as life skills are what make a person unique from another. Soft skills complement hard skills and enhance personal relationships, school/job performance and career prospects.
Soft skills will enable you to SOAR in both personal life and career.
All our modules have been built differently from the usual trainings around that you hear of. The training empowers learners to:
- Get clarity of purpose – clear vision.
- Develop goal focus.
- Self-motivate with a positive mental attitude.
- Strive for excellence.
- Create a positive and productive atmosphere.
- Improve communication.
- Develop leadership skills.
- Develop a personal value system.
MODULE 1: PERSONAL VISION DEVELOPMENT
“The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision” Helen Keller (American Author, disability activist, lecturer)
Have you been asked the question – What job would you like to do and you have no idea? Or regretted the subject choices you took at A level and the course at University?
Having a personal vision is the answer to all these challenges. Having a vision will empower you to clarify your life’s direction and will give you the inspiration and motivation to move forward in the face of fear.
In this module, you will be guided in developing a personal vision statement, creating goals and finding your purpose.
- Create a personal vision which will serve as a guide in decision making and career.
- Gain clarity of direction to take in your career and how to get there.
- Set both short and long term goals.
- Understand your purpose.
MODULE 2: SUCCESS AND MINDSET
“Once your mindset changes, everything on the outside will change along with it.” Steve Maraboli, American Author and Speaker
Our journey to success can be filled with wishful thinking and disappointments. Our attitude in the face of challenges determines the quality of our life, our successes and failures.
In this you will:
- Understand the power of the mindset – whether positive or negative in determining your success or failure in life.
- Learn factors to developing your success mindset.
- Gain Positive attitude and Positive Thinking.
- Self-Evaluation. Gain ability to critically evaluate self – short comings and progress.
MODULE 3: CONFIDENCE BUILDING AND SELF ESTEEM
“If you hear a voice within you say, ‘you cannot paint’, then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced”. Vincent Van Gogh
Confidence is built on choices and accomplishments that feed one’s passion, and that make one feel happy and proud of who they are. Discovering these things is one of the most worthwhile pursuits of life.
In building confidence, QMS focuses on:
- Definition and meaning.
- Importance of confidence.
- Ways to build confidence.
- Improving self-esteem.
- Body Language.
- Dealing with criticism.
- Reacting to failure.
- Coping with change.
- Coping with stress.
Through this training you will:
- Learn to believe in yourself and your abilities.
- Have less fear and anxiety.
- Improved motivation. You will discover that your goals and dreams can be achieved.
- More resilience. You will be enabled to handle setbacks with ease.
MODULE 4: VALUES
“Values reflect what is important to the way you live and work” Anonymous
Our values have a major influence on our behavior and attitude and impact on the way we react and the decisions we make in all situations. Many times we make mistakes that we later regret because of lack of understanding on the importance of values.
The QMS training programme addresses the following values:
MODULE 5: ACHIEVING AND MAXIMIZING POTENTIAL
“You are designed by God not to blend in, but to stand out” Myles Munroe
To achieve potential one needs to develop a sense of what they naturally like so that they can focus on areas that correspond with their innate interests, nature, and strengths. We sometimes fail to achieve our potential due to a number of factors including fear and procrastination. Failing to achieve life leads to living an unsatisfied life and a life of regrets.
- Hindrances to achieving and maximizing potential.
- Developing perseverance/resilience.
- Building Determination.
- Fighting complacency.
This module will enable you to:
- Uncover your hidden potential that was lying dormant in you.
- Appreciate importance of excellence in personal life and career.
- Understand how determination and perseverance are key to success.
MODULE 6: Leadership and Emotional Intelligence
“The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things.” Ronald Reagan
Through the QMS soft skills training, you will be able to motivate yourself to take on leadership roles. This Leadership training will also enable you identify your problematic areas and overcome them effectively. This module covers:
- Qualities of a good leader.
- Inspirational Leadership.
MODULE 7: EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE
“If your emotional abilities aren’t in hand, if you don’t have self-awareness, if you are not able to manage your distressing emotions, if you can’t have empathy and have effective relationships, then no matter how smart you are, you are not going to get very far”. -Daniel Goleman
Through this training, you will be able to better handle interpersonal relationships with a strong sense of empathy. You will also be able to look at every situation in an objective manner, without attaching any pre-conceived judgments about others.
This module will empower you to:
- Become effective leaders.
- Inspire others to take action.
- Better handle interpersonal relationships with a strong sense of empathy.
- Motivate yourself to take on leadership roles.
- Utilize and practice EQ in your work and personal life.
MODULE 8: CRITICAL THINKING
“Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think.” Albert Einstein
Critical thinking is ability to analyze information objectively, evaluate different views, and reach logical conclusions without being influenced by emotion or personal biases. By using these skills, you will be able to weigh the pros and cons of different options and make informed decisions.
- Proactive Learning.
- Problem Solving.
- Decision making.
Through this training, you will:
- Be more proactive when it comes to recognizing problems and potential roadblocks to projects, tasks, and goals.
- Be better equipped to identify and implement solutions or come up with alternative fixes.
- Be able to weigh the pros and cons of different options and make informed decisions.
MODULE 8: BUSINESS ETIQUETTE
Knowing how to treat other people well is very important. Who you are shows in how you behave and in how you appear to others. Soft skills are critical for career development in the workplace. Areas of training include:
- What is business etiquette and basics of etiquette.
- Developing professional presence.
- Personal responsibility.
- Good work habits.
- Time management.
- Building better communication skills.
- Great Job Interviews.
HOW DO YOU ACCESS OUR TRAININGS?
We have tailored different packages to suit your needs.
The QMS team can come to your premises/home to carry out training. Minimum number group of five.
This training is held at the QMS office or at another site.
Virtual training via the Zoom platform.
Personal One on One Training
This training is available for the Business Etiquette Module.
CALL US NOW FOR A QUOTE AND TO GET MORE INFORMATION