Quality Management Services Ltd (QMS) registered in December 2001, began operations on 1st July 2002 as an innovative business outsourcing company. The purpose of the company was and is to provide a quality of service that was efficient, fast, responsive and affordable. This year 2020 – we are celebrating 18 years of: Service, Quality, Expertise, Excellence Reliability and Integrity.
QMS’ mission was to promote client success and satisfaction by understanding their needs, delivering real solutions with tangible benefits within as short a time frame as possible thus keeping them ahead of their competition and creating lasting relationships.
QMS a partnership between two sisters’, Jackie Nansubuga and Rachel Lubega started with 2 divisions Event management services and Business consulting (this was phased out) and has now grown into 5 divisions:
- Corporate Event management
- Payroll Management
- Expat relocation and Logistics management
- Youth Empowerment Initiative
The First Five Years (2002 – 2007)
These were very interesting years for the company. The first two years were what we would call learning stage. Trying out different aspects of the event management and business consulting industry and eventually settling on what worked best for the vision we had and what we wanted to accomplish. They were tough financially but at the same time very rewarding.
The event management business was still relatively new in the market with hardly any competition thus filled with vast opportunities for expansion. This opportunity was fully exploited and QMS began to see growth from the 3rd year of business.
2007 to date
QMS has grown from offering only event management to 5 services and has worked with organisations in all sectors – Government, Private sector, Civil Society and International.
The company has also grown and has served over 300 organisations in the 18 year period. Through our commitment to Quality, Professionalism and Integrity we have a very strong loyal client base who through their repeat business have enabled us to stand strong.
Some of the changes over the 18 year journey:
- Technology- We have embraced technology in our systems – in house financial system and also in our work.
- Adaptation to digital marketing. QMS has evolved with the times and has embraced digital media – linked in, facebook, instragram.
- Investment in the youth. QMS is heavily invested in impacting every youth that we work with. It is important to us that every youth (ushers) we work with picks up skills that are going to be useful in their work life. We have moved from just 2 ushers to working with over 1000 part time youth.
Some of our oldest and loyal customers have been Civil Aviation Authority, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Metrica Inc., Trademark East Africa, Unifreight Group and Private Sector Foundation.
Thank you to everyone who has been part of our success namely customers, suppliers and our hardworking staff. We truly appreciate your support over the years.
QMS is very excited about the next 10 years. We have launched the Youth Empowerment Initiative. This initiative has been born out of our work with the youth in our event management business. Our 18 year experience has seen us working and mentoring over 1000 youth.
Our vision is to inspire and empower youth to reach within them-selves to attain and fulfil their purpose. The mission is to inspire, educate, and empower youth to achieve and fulfill their potential through vision building, confidence building and mindset change.
Through this initiative, QMS plans to impact over 30,000 youth in the next 10 years. The objectives are:
- Inspire the youth into having a vision and a dream.
- Build character and self esteem
- Encourage the youth to strive for excellence in all they do.
- Inspire the youth to become successful and productive citizens.